[tei-council] meeting problem

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 05:19:17 EST 2012

On 03/12/12 10:06, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 03/12/12 02:51, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>> I realized this because I committed a revision which caused another
>> error that I can't decipher. I emailed Sebastian and Martin for help,
>> but they are probably sleeping and doing something more fun than
>> editing the Guidelines, respectively. If anyone else would like to
>> check out the error I caused related to <meeting>, see
>> http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5-Test/1299/parsed_console/?
>> and
>> http://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tei?view=revision&revision=11196
>> . --Kevin
> You can't have an optional occurrence of meeting followed by another
> optional occurrence of meeting. Which one is a poor non-looking-ahead
> parser supposed to believe?
>
> Why are you adding <meeting> into all those models as a sibling of
> respStmt anyway? Can a meeting take intellectual responsibillity for a
> monographic work? Apologies if this was discussed already (as I assume
> it must have been) but this just seems wrong to me.
>
> I have very flaky internet right now so I havent been able to check out
> the ticket -- so further apologies if there is a knockdown argument in
> favour of the change therein!
Have now re-read the ticket I see that some character with my name
suggests that a <meeting> might indeed be considered to have
intellectual responsibility for e.g. its minutes. So if we believe that
idiot, the answer is to remove the occurrence of <meeting> from the
content model where it is given as an alternate for <note>.