[tei-council] whither HTML of Guidelines and @lang

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 23 07:18:27 EST 2012

On 23 Nov 2012, at 11:11, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>
 wrote:

> On 23/11/12 11:01, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>
>> Not saying that is what I want. If we don't have good validation procedure for guidelines in html5 then we should probably not use it.
>> well, _are_ there good validation procedures for HTML5….
>
> Earlier you said "A 5 minute experiment... found that a) there doesn't
> seem to be a simple HTML5 validation, and b) support for all the p.c.
> details of HTML5 are lacking in my XSL"
>
> can you perhaps elaborate on this ? if the stylesheets are generating
> HTML which doesn't meet generally accepted criteria  that should be a
> subject of some concern, no?

Generating HTML5, not plain ole HTML. things like <meta> tags working
differently in HTML5.

Now I know, I will obviously work on it slowly, but thats a different priority
from the urgency of having the P5 Guidelines work properly now.
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services