[tei-council] whither HTML of Guidelines and @lang

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 23 06:11:11 EST 2012

On 23/11/12 11:01, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Not saying that is what I want. If we don't have good validation procedure for guidelines in html5 then we should probably not use it.
> well, _are_ there good validation procedures for HTML5….

Earlier you said "A 5 minute experiment... found that a) there doesn't
seem to be a simple HTML5 validation, and b) support for all the p.c.
details of HTML5 are lacking in my XSL"

can you perhaps elaborate on this ? if the stylesheets are generating
HTML which doesn't meet generally accepted criteria  that should be a
subject of some concern, no?