[tei-council] biblscope and imprint

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 5 17:01:36 EST 2012

On 05/11/12 14:39, Gabriel Bodard wrote:

> <bibStruct>
>      <analytic/>
>      <monogr/>
>      <series/>
>      <monogr/>
>      <series/>
> </bibStruct>
>
> is fine (except possibly for the order of the elements?), representing a
> chapter that appears in two places;

The order of the elements is essential! It enables you to know that the
first monogr appears in the first series; and the second in the second.

but

> <bibStruct>
>      <analytic/>
>      <monogr/>
>      <monogr/>
>      <series/>
> </bibStruct>
>
> can't be used to tag a chapter that's in a volume in a monograph in a
> series, because it should also mean the article appears in two different
> monographs.

this means the article is in a monogr, and also in a monogr that's in a
series

(Maybe I'm over-complicating things, and we should just
> combine the two monogrs in my example, give it two titles and biblScopes
> for both pages and volume?)

well, if by "my example" you mean the Schachter one, yes, I wondered why
you didnt just give it two titles with different @levels