[tei-council] biblscope and imprint

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Nov 5 09:39:32 EST 2012

On 2012-11-05 14:32, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Yes, Lou and I both confused either other on this.

I think I played my part in confusing things. ;-)

>> I'm still concerned about our Schachter example on the ticket, however.
>> I totally take Lou's point that 2 monogrs in a single biblStruct would
>> normally mean the chapter/article appears twice in two different
>> publications. How would we then mark up the case we have here, which is
>> an article in a volume in a multi-vol monograph in a series?
>>
>> (And how would you handle an article that appears in two different
>> monographs, each part of a different series.)
 >
> My previous suggestion was to use some sort of pointer mechanism to tie
> a particular <analytic> to a particular <monogr>.

That answers the use case of two monogrs being tied to two series, but
what of chapter->volume->monograph->series?

In other words:

<bibStruct>
    <analytic/>
    <monogr/>
    <series/>
    <monogr/>
    <series/>
</bibStruct>

is fine (except possibly for the order of the elements?), representing a
chapter that appears in two places; but

<bibStruct>
    <analytic/>
    <monogr/>
    <monogr/>
    <series/>
</bibStruct>

can't be used to tag a chapter that's in a volume in a monograph in a
series, because it should also mean the article appears in two different
monographs. (Maybe I'm over-complicating things, and we should just
combine the two monogrs in my example, give it two titles and biblScopes
for both pages and volume?)

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
Researcher in Digital Epigraphy