[tei-council] biblscope and imprint

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sun Nov 11 22:12:50 EST 2012

All,

I've just updated the ticket so that the world knows what changes Lou
already made in halfway implementing the ticket, and to summarize a
discussion Lou and I had in College Station:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3555190&group_id=106328&atid=644065

Further to Gabby's latest comment ...

On 11/5/12 9:39 AM, Gabriel Bodard wrote:
> <bibStruct>
>      <analytic/>
>      <monogr/>
>      <monogr/>
>      <series/>
> </bibStruct>
>
> can't be used to tag a chapter that's in a volume in a monograph in a
> series, because it should also mean the article appears in two different
> monographs. (Maybe I'm over-complicating things, and we should just
> combine the two monogrs in my example, give it two titles and biblScopes
> for both pages and volume?)

... I think you might indeed combine the two <monogr>s (one for the
"volume" and another for the "monograph" in which that volume appears).
  Alternatively, you leave them in separate <monogr>s, but, as in
discussed on the ticket, we give up on this idea that a <monogr> always
describes its previous sibling, even if that sibling is another <monogr>.

--Kevin