[tei-council] Temporary Jenkins server

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Oct 30 12:43:07 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Pending resolution of our problem with VMWare, we have a temporary Jinks
server set up here:

<http://plum.hcmc.uvic.ca:8080/>

This was built with the Jenkins build script I wrote earlier this year,
which encountered only one hitch with a tei package install, but we
won't know if it's really worked properly until builds are successfully
completed. Most things won't build correctly until Stylesheets is built,
so some builds have failed already.

We hope to have our original build server back up within a day or two,
but in the meantime, it's no bad thing to go through this process. If it
turns out that a fresh Jinks created from the script doesn't work
properly, then that means we don't really know enough about the
configuration of our Jinks servers, and we need to identify the problems
and fix them in the build script.

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)