[tei-council] UVic Jinks still down

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Oct 29 19:49:37 EDT 2012

We're still working on the problem with our Jenkins VM, but mostly it's
beyond my control, so as a backup measure we're building a new build box
on a piece of hardware on my desk, and we'll bring that up as a
temporary replacement by the end of tomorrow if the problem with VMWare
can't be solved by then.

It will mean that my Jenkins build script gets put through its paces
again, which is no bad thing; and the box we're going to use, although
it has 4GB of RAM, only has an atom processor, so we'll get a very clear
idea of whether RAM or processor power is the most significant factor in
build speed.

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)