[tei-council] release notes & Lite

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 26 15:02:17 EDT 2012

this sounds like a very good idea. I will do it after dinner.

David Sewell <dsewell at virginia.edu> wrote:

We could create a text file at the location pointed to by
http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/custom/schema/dtd/teilite.dtd to note the
name and schema changes.

Incidentally, everything under
http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/custom/schema seems to be at edition 2.1.0,
"Last updated on 17th June 2012". Is that right? Shouldn't those all be 2.2.0?
(If I'm missing something totally obvious, ignore the question.)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> I have a to-do list item for myself to correct the links for Lite at
> http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/Customization/ to include the
> underscore.  As for whether to set up a redirect, I think we agreed that
> we shouldn't because major changes have been made to Lite since the last
> release, so it is different enough that we want people to be clued in to
> the change.  But I can be convinced otherwise.  --K.
>
> On 10/25/12 6:15 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> I wonder, how much should we draw attention to the fact that the schema for  Lite has changed name?
>> Those few, those lucky few, who point their docs at
>>
>>        http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/custom/schema/dtd/teilite.dtd
>>
>> are going to wake up in a few days to find their favourite resource gone. We agreed this
>> was OK, but they won't find it mentioned in the release notes.
>>
>> Or am I misremembering and have we asked David or Kevin to add a rewrite
>> rule to make the above url work?
>> --
>> Sebastian Rahtz
>> Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
>> University of Oxford IT Services
>> 13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA