[tei-council] style lang definition

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 6 11:08:09 EDT 2012

On 05/10/12 19:35, Martin Holmes wrote:

>   > -- Where do we specify the language in which @style values are
> expressed ?
>
> There has to be an element in the header, presumably in <tagsDecl>.
> Something like this:

> although I'm not sure we want to go with the same potential confusion as
> we've already got with <rendition> vs @rendition.

This would be OK, except that we already have <rendition scheme="css">
inside <tagsDecl> which would give us two ways of doing the same thing.
I am proposing to just use the existing mechanism, which means that we
will need to require that if @style is used anywhere there must be (at
least) one <rendition> with a @scheme attribute in the header. Unless we
want to say "if all else fails it's got to be in CSS".

I checked in a bunch of changes to CO and ST yesterday as part of this
fix, so  if you want to see how the revision is going, visit (for
example)
http://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tei/trunk/P5/Source/Guidelines/en/CO-CoreElements.xml?r1=10912&r2=10924