[tei-council] Lite

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 12:23:09 EDT 2012

On 11/09/12 16:53, Martin Holmes wrote:

> - If an update to trunk were to remove an element or attribute in Lite,
> what would we do?

We might try to evade the WOB (wrath of Birnbaum) by seeking a new
identity or pretending it never happened, but basically, no, this cannot
be allowed to happen.

> - If a novel addition to trunk is deemed desirable by Lite users, what
> would we do?

Tell them to make a new Lite all of their own. This one is not going
anywhere further than it has already.

> - If an update to trunk substantially changed the definition of an
> element or attribute also used in Lite, what would we do?

Depending on what you mean by "substantially", I think this may be the
same as your first question. If however it's just a matter of the
wording of a definition being changed, then Lite would inherit the new
wording, which is fine.