[tei-council] Lite

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Sep 11 11:53:44 EDT 2012

On 12-09-11 07:12 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 11/09/12 15:09, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>

>> you need to decide what you are proposing. Is Lite to be rebuilt using current source
>> at each release, or not, that is the question.
>
> My vote is yes, it is. Others?

If we continue to offer it as part of the package, then I think we also
have an obligation to maintain it.

We then have to decide what we mean by "maintain".

- If an update to trunk were to remove an element or attribute in Lite,
what would we do?

- If a novel addition to trunk is deemed desirable by Lite users, what
would we do?

- If an update to trunk substantially changed the definition of an
element or attribute also used in Lite, what would we do?

I think if we lay out all these possibilities and answer all those
questions in advance, then it'll be easier to explain our intentions and
stick to them.

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)