[tei-council] Lite Final

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jul 28 12:35:30 EDT 2012

On 28 Jul 2012, at 17:02, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> 7. James and Sebastian object strongly to mentioning CSS in discussing
> @rend, I think it's not such a bad idea, since we don't discuss any of
> the other options for documenting rendition.

I think that if we mention CSS in the Lite doc, it is effectively making
a decision to come down 100% on the side of John Walsh's
SF ticket. If we don't want to do that, then it is highly inappropriate
to sneak it into Lite by the back door. So let us make the CSS decision
first....

(I claim that the mood of the meeting is more on the side of adding
a new @style attribute than other solutions)

> 8. I would prefer to remove <quote> rather than add <said>, leaving just
> and JC prefer to add <said> to the mix, retaining <q>, which seems like
> tag overload to me.

I'm easy on that one.

Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services