[tei-council] Lite Final

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jul 28 12:02:42 EDT 2012

I've now added the comments from James, Sebastian, and Martin into the
wiki page, and it seems clear that we should make at least the following
major changes:

5. add simpler example for prose drama

9. correct the discussion of xml:lang values

16. add @facs

There are several bits we agree should be left alone.

There are some points of contention, e.g.

7. James and Sebastian object strongly to mentioning CSS in discussing
@rend, I think it's not such a bad idea, since we don't discuss any of
the other options for documenting rendition.

8. I would prefer to remove <quote> rather than add <said>, leaving just
and JC prefer to add <said> to the mix, retaining <q>, which seems like
tag overload to me.

And there are several points of uncertainty...

I propose to wait until Monday morning for further input from Council
members, and then start hacking the source. OK?