[tei-council] http://purl.org/tei/fr/3519866 (@rend datatype)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 18:01:32 EDT 2012

On 5 Jul 2012, at 18:38, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> Sebastian, can you please be less cryptic?

Sorry, not deliberate at all. Just a combination of poor typing skills,
Apple auto-"correct", my incipient dementia, and being in a hurry.

>> So it's
>> on one of Lou's postcards?
>
> I don't know whether there's anything I'm supposed to know about Lou's
> postcards.

Lou has recently been promoting the idea of using a corpus of picture postcards
in TEI teaching

>  But perhaps you meant

> rend="handwritten">pussycat</add>, Happy Birthday!</p>

no, I meant to give an example of the nonsensical situation we can end up
with if we use @rend for everything.

> What is a single-shot @rend?

"put whatever you like in just the single attribute, @rend. you only get one shot at the target."

I agree, that was pretty obscure, sorry. It was elegant, though :-}

>  And what does "inutterably" mean?

unutterably.

Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services