[tei-council] Order of release steps

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 15:45:33 EDT 2012

On 20 Jun 2012, at 18:14, Martin Holmes wrote:
>> no, not true. the Stylesheets deb release has nothing to do with P5
>> release, and has no copy of P5 in
>
> I was assuming a release of the deb packages would include all of them, and as Lou says,

this seems to be where the confusion lies. There are 6 debian packages in P5, and 3 in Stylesheets.
I can release these into the wild in whatever granularity I like. I'd normally do the 3 XSL together,
and the 6 P5 together, but seldom all at once.

> tei-p5-schema.deb, for instance, includes all the schemas (/usr/share/xml/tei/schema...)

it does, but that ones of the P5 ones, not XSL.

the rule is: if you're gonna mess with the XSL at the same time as the P5 release,
because you need some change in the XSL to get the P5 working (as we had here),
you'd better be prepared to divert from the scripted methods.
Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services