[tei-council] Order of release steps

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 09:26:47 EDT 2012

On 20/06/12 13:54, Martin Holmes wrote:
> I woke at 4am with an attack of the bleedin obvious.

You probably want to forego that extra helping of cheese after dinner...

> It seems to me that the first actions following the SVN freeze and the
> update of the version number by the release technician should be the
> update of the Debian packages.

Eh? Shurely this is backwards? The deb packages are a way of
distributing the release, argal they are a version of it, argal they
can't be created until it is finalised, in all its raging glory.

It's true that we use the deb packages to build the build environment
(such is the glorious recursivity of the tei) but conceptually at least,
we should be using the packages from release n-1 to build release.