[tei-council] P5 test files

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Jun 20 11:34:53 EDT 2012

On 12-06-20 08:18 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 20 Jun 2012, at 16:08, Martin Holmes wrote:
>

>> This is great. I'll document this in detail with some examples, for the "How to Edit the Guidelines" document.
>
> good.
>
> the message should be that there are four sets which you use for
> adding tests to
>
> 	testbare.{odd,xml}:   small possible schema
> 	testbasic.{odd,xml}:  typical TEI schema with customizations of all kinds, the place to add new tests
> 	testplus.{odd,xml}:    an extremist schema which includes all modules, XInclude SVG, Math, ITS etc
> 	detest.{odd,xml}:       things that fail, ie constraints and deliberate mistakes. you must update the expected results if you add to this

I'll try to create examples for all four scenarios (or perhaps just pick
one from each to explain in detail -- given that I whinged about P5-Test
taking so long, I should probably not invent novel tests just for the
purposes of documentation).

> there are another dozen more specialized tests which you probably should leave like sleeping dogs.

This is the sort of thing that wakes me up at 4am (cheese is innocent).

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)