[tei-council] Order of release steps

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Jun 20 11:17:12 EDT 2012

Blast, I forgot that the actual products are also in the deb packages. I
was thinking of them only being the required scripts (teitohtml etc.).

This is more messed up than I thought it was, then. We can't do
everything without doing everything first. We have to build and install
the deb packages, then build the products with them, then build and
distribute new versions of the deb packages.

In which case, the real requirement is to make it possible for Jinks to
build the products without any dependency on the installed deb packages
at all. That's what Sebastian started trying to do the other day, but
gave up. But that's where we have to go, I think.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)