[tei-council] Oxford Face2Face meeting: Accommodation

Brett Barney bbarney2 at unl.edu
Tue Jun 19 13:26:31 EDT 2012

On Jun 15, 2012, at 11:37 AM, James Cummings wrote:
> The budget is for 3 nights, but it depends on others arrangements and where these may save us money.  We can probably stretch to four nights, especially if it results in a cheaper air fare (e.g. for including a Saturday).  That is why I want everyone to fill in the poll, even if it is to indicate the TEI-C isn't paying anything to their accommodation. So put down what you need and we'll see what we can do. ;-)
>
> Jamesc

Hi all,

Sorry to complicate things. I was puzzled by this talk about cheaper fares if you include a Saturday, since everywhere I shop I get all but identical fares for Friday or Saturday flights. They all seem expensive--c. $1650. But I did notice that a big discount seems to accrue if one *stays* Saturday night, i.e., flies out on Sunday. That would mean *two* extra nights, which seems a bit much to ask the TEI to fund. The price, however, gave me pause--c. $900. My miserly little soul hates to commit to a $1600 plane fare, but am I right in assuming that I should do that?

Regards,
Brett