[tei-council] state of play

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Jun 17 15:25:20 EDT 2012

I've also left open some tickets assigned to me that are mostly
completed, to remind me to do some follow-up task, such as writing a
section in the "How to Edit the Guidelines" document.

The problem with some semi-automated system of ticket assignment would
be that most of us would end up getting tickets that are outside are
areas of competence; I think that would lead to even more tickets being
neglected in the long run. At least if you volunteer to take a ticket,
you're doing so because you understand it fully, or because you feel it
will be valuable for you to do the necessary background work to get to
that point.

How about this: once every couple of weeks, James goes through the
unassigned tickets and makes a determined effort to get someone to take
each one on. That would also mean that when we get to the ftf, every
ticket would have one person who's at least looked at it or done some
work on it.