[tei-council] Fwd: TEI TITE question

Piotr Bański bansp at o2.pl
Sun May 6 09:55:49 EDT 2012

If they sit in a separate module... maybe the module (call it...
"TEI-HTML 3.2"?) could serve as illustration of how to create
customisations. OTOH, being a module of the TEI, it won't be a
customisation any longer, and we may then want to rewrite some of the
justification for the TEI's existence.

I guess I'm being somewhat bipolar about it, the poles being "roughly
neutral" and "strongly against". I mean, when does <hi rend="sup"> hurt,
other than when you're actually keying stuff in, in an editor without
markup/content completion?

affinity with that one, somehow) feel different than <sup> and, well,
"<scaps>" for that matter, possibly because they have the double role of
indicating, usually, some structural-physical necessities and possibly,
in rarer cases, the author's intentions, whereas I can't see any
structural necessity in <i>.

I'm just afraid that the "sugar" module would soon become one of the
most important modules of the Guidelines, with lots of feature requests,
for completely no good reason that I can see. (From Martin M.'s,
Sebastian's and Lou's messages, I infer that I might be short-sighted in
this respect, and I'm ready to be enlightened, but, going by my gut,
this sounds a bit like "let's go back to HTML 3.2, and is <marquee>
inline or block-level?")

Best,

  P.