[tei-council] P5 releases: changes to boilerplate HTML code

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 26 12:21:41 EST 2012

On 26 Feb 2012, at 16:41, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> One more suggestion:
>
> d) In the "Declaration" section of each element definition, there's an
> HTML button that says "Compact to XML format".  If you click on it, the
> button label changes to say "XML format to compact".  These labels are
> confusing, so I'd like to suggest changing as follows:
>
> "Compact to XML format" --> "Switch to XML format"
>
> XML format to compact" --> "Switch to compact format"

This is easier than it sounds. We'd have to get re-translations of the
phrase for each language.   I don't mind, but whats the evidence
that the existing words are confusing? its not been questioned
in the ?6-7 years we've had the facility.

--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente