[tei-council] Glines problem with model.persStateLike

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Feb 24 08:29:32 EST 2012

Hi all,

Jens has submitted another detailed list of Guidelines problems which
I'm working through:

http://purl.org/TEI/BUGS/3492947

One refers to this section:

<http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ND.html#NDPERSEpc>

The list of elements which are supposed to be members of
model.persStateLike appears to be incorrect:

<state> and <trait> are missing, although they are both discussed later.
I think they should be added to the list.

<langKnown> appears not to be a member of model.persStateLike, and as
far as I can tell from SVN, never has been. It's a child of
<langKnowledge>, which is a member. Its inclusion in the list is
therefore a bit misleading. It is discussed as part of the discussion of
<langKnowledge>, its parent.

Therefore I propose removing <langKnown> and adding <state> and <trait>
to the list. Any objections?