[tei-council] nym/@parts

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 17:39:55 EST 2012

Hiya,

In reading through things (and correcting non-schema things
relating to an old bug assigned to me) I happened to notice:

http://teijenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca:8080/job/TEIP5-Documentation/ws/Guidelines-web/en/html/ref-nym.html

The @parts attribute on <nym> is limited to 1 - 100 occurrences
of data.pointer.  Although I can't picture a good use case for
more than 50 myself... there are plenty of places where we allow
1 - infinity pointers as an attribute value.  Why are we so
specific that there can't be more than 100 on nym/@part in specific?

I ask this in full knowledge that I have hazy recollection of
being part of the working group that introduced <nym>, but no
recollection of the seemingly arbitrary limit in itself.

Just curious,

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,