[tei-council] containers of <relation>

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Dec 6 13:55:19 EST 2011

I'm not 100% clear I understand this, but if <listRelation> is available
in many places, and <relation> isn't, but <relation> is available in
<listRelation>, is Lou's point that wherever you find yourself defining
<relation>s it might be best to gather them together under a <listRelation>?

However, an analogy might be <linkGrp> and <link>. Both are members of
model.global.meta, which is described thus:

"Elements in this class are typically used to hold groups of links or of
abstract interpretations, or by provide indications of certainty etc. It
may find be convenient to localize all metadata elements, for example to
contain them within the same divison as the elements that they relate
to; or to locate them all to a division of their own. They may however
appear at any point in a TEI text."

Doesn't this explanation apply equally well to <listRelation>/<relation>?

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)