[tei-council] containers of <relation>

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Dec 6 13:33:53 EST 2011

Apologies, I should of course have looked at <gi>listRelation</gi> not
<gi>relationGrp</gi>, but the list* elements have the disadvantage of
not being in the index next to their contents. ;-)

My question was not about why listRelation is almost universally
available, however, but why <gi>relation</gi> isn't. Since we have
approved changes base don a desire to allow @active (yuk) and @passive
(yuk) to point to all sorts of URI-addressable elements, not just
persons and places, why should we not by the same token make relation a
bit more widely available?

Lou thinks the current state of affairs is correct. Anyone else have
thoughts?

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL