[tei-council] Responses to Primary Sources #4 (up to the end of 11.3)

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Nov 28 20:07:12 EST 2011

Latest batch:

-----------------

11.3.3.2:

-----------------

In this sentence:

"In the following example, the word redundant was deleted before a
second second deletion removed the entire passage: "

The second "second" needs to be deleted.

-----------------

11.3.4: Intro all OK with me.

-----------------

11.3.4.1: All OK with me.

-----------------

11.3.4.2:

-----------------

In this sentence:

"The metamark element carries a function attribute which specifies the
function of the metamark, using values such as reorder, flag, delete,
insert or used."

why is "used" uniquely past tense (or past participle)? Shouldn't it be
"use", parallel with the others?

-----------------

11.3.4.3: All OK with me.

-----------------

11.3.4.4:

-----------------

In the Faust example that begins this section, it would be helpful to
have some indication of what the @hand attribute is doing: the two
hands, #g_t and #g_bl, are presumably both Goethe, but I guess one is
pencil and one pen. I think this should be explained.

-----------------

11.3.4.5: All OK with me.

-----------------

11.3.4.6:

-----------------

The first example image is illegible. Could a better one be found?

-----------------

The example markup shows the use of the @weights attribute with the
values "0 1", and mentions that this shows "a very strong preference for
the second reading", but I think it would help to say specifically that
values in @weights range from 0 to 1, since this is the first time we
have encountered the @weights attribute.

11.3.4.7: All OK with me.

Martin Holmes