[tei-council] signed/list

Paul F. Schaffner PFSchaffner at umich.edu
Tue Nov 22 16:47:08 EST 2011

Yes, that is a good summary. And I know that there are still
ambiguous and intermingled cases -- but I find that this
approach reduces them to a manageable number.

I suspect that (multiple signatories aside), we are not that
far apart: it is just that I have come to regard 'your servant'
'your darling John' etc. as, in effect, part of the signer's
name -- name in the sense of 'self-designation' -- not different
in kind from 'dei gratia rex angliae'.

pfs