[tei-council] surfaces, surfaceGrps, etc. [was : minutes/release deadline]

Pierazzo, Elena elena.pierazzo at kcl.ac.uk
Sun Nov 20 10:49:23 EST 2011

Sorry to come late into this discussion. The fact that Lou want to take
out @points from surface does it imply that all surfaces have to be
rectangular? This is so not the case, actually! Most modern manuscripts do
include patches that are not rectangular at all, not to mention that we
can find some writing we want to transcribe on supports of any shape...
Perhaps you mean that the digital image is rectangular? But if we use
<surface> to encode patches, they don't need to be on an image of their
own, surely.
But maybe I have misunderstood what you mean here.

P.S. 38 email on the list between yesterday and today? On a weekend? Does
anybody need a life???