[tei-council] surfaces, surfaceGrps, etc. [was : minutes/release deadline]

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 20 10:18:34 EST 2011

On 20 Nov 2011, at 14:38, Lou Burnard wrote:

> ... though I have just noticed that the definition for @points actually
> says it "identifies a non-rectangular area *within the bounding box
> specified by the other attributes*  by specifying
> a series of pairs of numbers ... "

ah indeed, we must have had this conversation before,
and someone took the opposite view, that
using the 4 separate attributes along with points
is useful. fair does.

> I would like to rephrase that as "identifies a polygon of any shape
> using the co-ordinate system specied by its parent surface" for
> consistency with the rest.

sounds reasonable

--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente