[tei-council] surfaces, surfaceGrps, etc. [was : minutes/release deadline]

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 20 09:28:27 EST 2011

But we do explicitly allow a rectangular zone which is not included
within the bounds of its parent surface. The only restrictions are that
the zone must be defined using the same coord system as the surface. And
that if the zone contains a graphic, the zone must define the whole
space represented in the graphic. So why should non-rectangular zones be
any different ?

But I agree that we dont need @points on <surface>. It should probably
be taken out of att.coordinated and locally defined.