[tei-council] Further correction to the Genetic stuff

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 15 17:17:37 EST 2011

On 15/11/11 22:00, Pierazzo, Elena wrote:
>> Yes, I have this image, but I think it will take a bit of work to make
>> it into a useful example. I was hoping for something a bit simpler...
>
> Picky! You want real examples then you complain because they are not
> textbook examples! I have now selected few more images for you:

I'm not sure what you mean by textbook examples, but what I need for the
Guidelines are (ideally) VERY SIMPLE examples -- which are real,
demonstrate just the point we want to discuss,  can be transcribed
easily, are easy to read, and don't take up more than a page (including
explanation!)

> http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b6000131k/f45.image.r=fonds+proust+NAF
> +16686.langFR
> http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b6000131k/f79.image.r=fonds+proust+NAF
> +16686.langFR
> http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b6000131k/f82.image.r=fonds+proust+NAF
> +16686.langFR
>
> I can do the zoning of any of them, just choose the one that comply with
> your requirements.

And the transcription, I hope... Incidentally, lookijng through this
lovely book, I see that there are quite a few cases where a blank
surface is superimposed on top of the writing, presumably being a folded
down leaf? eg
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b6000131k/f112.image.r=fonds+proust+NAF

how do we encode that?

>>> http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5-Documentation/lastSucces
>>> sfulBuild/artifact/Guidelines-web/en/html/PH.html#alter
>>> a better caption is needed for the image: "Thomas More, _Lalla Rook_
>>
>> Hmnm. No MS identifier?
>
> The MS is preserved at the Morgan Library, but I will write to Justin who
> provided the example.

Thanks. Would be nice to have proper refs for all the examples we cite..

>> http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5-Documentation/lastSucces
>>> sfulBuild/artifact/Guidelines-web/en/html/PH.html#instant
>>> a better caption is needed. Something like W.Whitman, The sleepersŠ
>>> Brett, I don't remember which of the version this represent. The
>>> definition is also very bad, can the size be fixed?
>>
>> We really need a simpler and clearer example, I think.
>
> I think this is very good example, actually, just the image is blurred

Yes. Again proper identifier is needed.