[tei-council] reviewing genetic editing revisions incorporated into last successful build (Re: Thisare the droids you are looking for)

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Mon Nov 7 13:17:15 EST 2011

I have skimmed
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw21.html and compared
against the text given at the link below (which would take too long to
read in its entirety before dinner and by tomorrow morning).

I've got a few copyedits, some of which are petty but others of which
need to be reworded so they no longer soundlike a proposal to modify
content models.  (Note that I've used <gi> and <add> in the changes only
when the original text was lacking these in the proper locations.) See
below:

1) "The elements surface and zone were introduced above, ." ==> "The
elements surface and zone are explained above."

2) "It thus seems convenient to introduce an element line to hold a
complete group of such tokens." ==> "The element line may be used to
group such tokens."

3) "The existing element creation (within the TEI Header profile
description) is defined as the appropriate location for all information
relating to the genesis or production of a text. We modify it slightly
to permit a new listChange element which contains a number of change
elements, one for each identified change:" ==> "The element creation
(within the <gi>profileDesc</gi> element) contains all information
relating to the genesis or production of a text. It may contain a
listChange element, which contains a number of change elements, one for
each identified change:"

4) "When the value of @instant is set to true," ==> "When the value of
<att>instant</att> is true,"