[tei-council] genetic draft -- big questions

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 08:27:48 EDT 2011

I think the name <diploma> would be a disaster :-} it has such precise, other, semantics in normal conversation.

<sourceDoc>  _possible_, I suppose, but does not inspire me.

but then I don't understand why we will have two elements which both
define the same <surface>s, so my instinct is Lou's 3,
or maybe

   teiHeader, (sourceDoc | facsimile)?,text?

Is it definitely possible to use <sourceDoc> in the same way
as current <facsimile>, ie just with a load of graphics for the
zones and surfaces?
Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios