[tei-council] <licence>

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 07:02:40 EDT 2011

And it's usual practice (at least with some licenses) to include both a
pointer to the official license text or code, and some text explaining
the nature of the license as it applies to the current publication.
(With a CC-BY-* license, for example, we both point to the CC license
code, and say to whom or what institution any copy or adaptation of the
content should be attributed, any exceptions to the license, etc.)

Some license text, of the kind that you might want to reproduce/compose
in the teiHeader, would naturally be multiparagraph, so my feeling is it
would be artificial to shoehorn it into a single paragraph-like block.

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL