[tei-council] <licence>

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Aug 20 15:47:27 EDT 2011

On 20/08/11 19:07, Martin Holmes wrote:
> I think you might be wrong; I think its job is to do both (point and
> contain). Its main function is to provide an easily-identifiable
> location where a mechanical processor can retrieve the detailed
> information about the licence(s) to be applied to a document, whether
> through following @target, or through retrieving the text content of the
> element (or both).

I think I agree with Martin here. We can have multiple <license> in a
single <availability> right? One might just be a pointer out to a CC
license as per his example, but one might be a prose statement.  Is that
prose statement made up of multiple paragraphs or is our assumption that
it is just the equivalent of a single paragraph?

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Manager of InfoDev
Oxford University Computing Services