[tei-council] <licence>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 07:14:47 EDT 2011

On 22 Aug 2011, at 12:02, Gabriel Bodard wrote:

> And it's usual practice (at least with some licenses) to include both a
> pointer to the official license text or code, and some text explaining
> the nature of the license as it applies to the current publication.
> (With a CC-BY-* license, for example, we both point to the CC license
> code, and say to whom or what institution any copy or adaptation of the
> content should be attributed, any exceptions to the license, etc.)
>
> Some license text, of the kind that you might want to reproduce/compose
> in the teiHeader, would naturally be multiparagraph, so my feeling is it
> would be artificial to shoehorn it into a single paragraph-like block.

not sure what you are arguing for, then? the choice is

   <availability>
     <licence target="…">…blah blah .</licence>
  </availability>

or

   <availability>
  </availability>

I am arguing in favour of the latter, and believe it is perfectly amenable
to entirely automated processing (availability//licence[1])
Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente