[tei-council] <notatedMusic> changes required

Martin Mueller martinmueller at northwestern.edu
Fri Jul 8 19:02:05 EDT 2011

It's not just Sebastian who spends a lot of time rendering code. It's
everybody in the TEI, and everybody is or ought to be grateful to
Sebastian for making their own work a lot easier. It's the fate of TEI to
live in a world where it always needs to be translated into something
else, mostly html. So to the extent that conventions are variable and
involve trade-offs between different priorities, I would put a high value
on ease of subsequent processing and suggest that in thinking about
whether to do X this way or that way it will be a good think to pay
attention to whether the processors down the line will breathe sighs of
relief or mutter under their breath.