[tei-council] <notatedMusic> changes required

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 6 16:58:58 EDT 2011

You've made a simple (very understandable) mistake -  you have not actually yet included the elementSpec.
I have added &notatedMusic; at the end of the<div> and now it works as expected. Jolly good!!

Some remarks after a quick glance, of which  only the first matters:

  a) the examples use the bare

         <ptr target="bar1.xml"/>

      content, which I have been contending for the last three weeks is the worst
      of all worlds. Can't we at least use @type on it? Does no-one else agree
      with my unhappiness on that?

  b) constructs like '<ref target="#notatedMusic">notatedMusic</ref> element'
    are not idiomatic in the Guidelines. Simple <gi>notatedMusic</gi> has the
    effect you want (and more), and does not rely on assumptions about output processing

  c) something bothersome about both the use of <label> ("contains the label associated with an item in a list;
  in glossaries, marks the term being defined") here:

<figure>
	  <notatedMusic>
         <ptr target="example_schubert.xml"/>
      </notatedMusic>
   </figure>
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente