[tei-council] notated music

stuart yeates stuart.yeates at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Jul 4 18:35:21 EDT 2011

My reservation to this is that music is not the only content that can
appear in text in this manner and by crafting a solution to fit music we
may be embbedding assumptions about music rather than assumptions about
text.

Other examples (which I'll admit that I  understand better than music,
which is a foreign country to me) include:

* graphs in scientific works, which typically have both parallel tabular
and graphical representation and deep-linking into the systems which
generated the experimental data.

* maps with embedded locators such as
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/File:EU-United_Kingdom.svg which
are print-based half-way point between traditional maps and google maps.

Having said all that, I do support getting a solution to these issues.

cheers
stuart

--
Stuart Yeates