[tei-council] Fwd: notated music

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 14:42:17 EDT 2011

On 29 Jun 2011, at 17:59, Martin Holmes wrote:

> This has made me think that what we actually need is a new ATTRIBUTE,
> whose purpose is explicitly to point to something intended to be
> transcluded (whatever that means). Perhaps we could have:
>
> <ptr transcludeTarget="blah.xml"/>

This seems slightly contorted to me. It would work, I agree, but it is a pain
for the processing software and validation to have to allow for both
attributes and do different things accordingly. A new element is a lot
easier to support...

Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente