[tei-council] Build errors locally, but not on Jenkins

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 26 15:42:51 EDT 2011

On 26 Apr 2011, at 20:29, Martin Holmes wrote:

> My TeX Live packages are 2009-7ubuntu (I'm running Lucid). I see there
> are various ways of installing TeX Live 2010:
>
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire.html
>
> but I don't see any sign of a repo or a ppa.

I just sync with Subversion and add the right bin directory to my $PATH, I am afraid

> Can I just
> download/install, or will that screw up existing packages? Or do you
> think I should just worry about this on the Jenkins clone, and keep my
> desktop setup as it is?
the former, I'd say

> For the Jenkins machine, this is our basic plan:
>
>  -Start with an Ubuntu 10.04 headless server install.
>
>  -Install the Oracle JDK.
>
>  -Install Tomcat (any particular version? Latest? What's in repos?).
doesnt matter, version 6 or 7 latest

>  -Install Jenkins from here:
>    <http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/debian/>
>
>  -Install Tex Live 2010 from here:
>    <http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire.html>
>
>  -Follow these instructions to get a working build setup:
>    <http://hcmc.uvic.ca/blogs/index.php?blog=15&p=8081>

Jenkins will do its own checkout, so no need for some of that

>  -???Profit?
pleasure

> I'm pretty sure we'll also have to install some extras (fonts and the
> like),

note the result of

    make dependencies

> and we'll need all your Jenkins configuration. Is this the right
> way to go, do you think?

seems fine

Jenkins info coming soon

Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente