[tei-council] Build errors locally, but not on Jenkins

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 26 15:29:29 EDT 2011

Hi Sebastian,

The build completes without errors now.

These are good workarounds for my local machine, but when we come to
create a Jenkins clone, I'll need to get all this working, so I might as
well have a go now.

My TeX Live packages are 2009-7ubuntu (I'm running Lucid). I see there
are various ways of installing TeX Live 2010:

http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire.html

but I don't see any sign of a repo or a ppa. Can I just
download/install, or will that screw up existing packages? Or do you
think I should just worry about this on the Jenkins clone, and keep my
desktop setup as it is?

For the Jenkins machine, this is our basic plan:

  -Start with an Ubuntu 10.04 headless server install.

  -Install the Oracle JDK.

  -Install Tomcat (any particular version? Latest? What's in repos?).

  -Install Jenkins from here:
    <http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/debian/>

  -Install Tex Live 2010 from here:
    <http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire.html>

  -Follow these instructions to get a working build setup:
    <http://hcmc.uvic.ca/blogs/index.php?blog=15&p=8081>

  -???Profit?

I'm pretty sure we'll also have to install some extras (fonts and the
like), and we'll need all your Jenkins configuration. Is this the right
way to go, do you think?

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)