[tei-council] TEI P5 1.9.0

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 09:21:43 EST 2011

On 26 Jan 2011, at 14:09, Lou Burnard wrote:

> I think this is silly. We have to make the packages available in some
> form or another; Debian is as useful as any other, more useful than
> some, and we have a system more or less in place for doing it
> automatically.

but thats the point, its "more or less". it is not automated.

> If someone came out of the woodwork offering to produce
> Mac archives or Windows MSIs  that would be nice, but there's no sign of
> that happening sfaics.

true. but now we have the situation where the debian maintainer wants
to get out of the business; so does the TEIC say they _must_ be replaced?

> If we stopped producing deb archives, presumably everyone would have to
> maintain their system either by synchronising with the svn repo, or by
> downloading and unpacking tar archives, which would just add to our
> support burden and reduce still further the usability of the service
> offered

it would be interesting to know how many people use them apart from you
and James. does anyone else on this list?

sebastian