[tei-council] Council meeting in April - Symposium on 11. April

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 18 15:54:57 EST 2011

On 18 Jan 2011, at 20:36, stuart yeates wrote:

>> and where the TEI has done its job. A digital librarian doubter from the
>> midwest can be followed by Stuart showing how it worked in NZ, for example.
>
> I'm happy to participate remotely if it would help.

are you not able to come to Chicago?

> The case could be argued that OxGarage is a trivial piece of software
> (I've not looked at the internals, so I don't know), but it can only be
> trivial once one has made a whole chain of other decisions have been
> made---decisions about encoding, decisions about organisation, decisions
> about technology, decisions about authority control.

absolutely. OxGarage per se is the easy bit, once the other things are in place

> Discussion of the problems of designing a family of XSL stylesheets to
> process arbitrary TEI docs does sound interesting.

it would be quite technical, I think.  Aspects like how to modularize
XSLT, naming of <param>, which bits are shareable across formats,
how to document, etc
Information and Support Group Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente