[tei-council] ODD headers and licensing terms for customizations provided by TEI-C

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sun Aug 8 13:44:08 EDT 2010

While the TEI website gives clear instructions on licensing terms for P5
( http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/access.xml ), it doesn't say anything
about licensing for customizations provided by the TEI-C.  Are these
also published under GPL v. 2?  I realize that these were probably all
developed under unclear circumstances, so I think Council will need to
declare something even if we don't have copyright agreements on file
with those who first wrote these customizations.

Whatever terms we settle on, I think it would be appropriate to add this
information in an <availability> in the ODD files of Lite, Tite, and
others along the lines of what is found at

http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/odd/Source/guidelines.xml

Incidentally, I also discovered that the ODD for Lite gives this:

<publicationStmt>
</publicationStmt>

I'm not sure what this needs to be changed to, but I think we shouldn't
leave it as it is.