[tei-council] xml:id definition

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 11:42:42 EDT 2010

On 8 Jun 2010, at 16:36, James Cummings wrote:

>> 5  hack the old Roma to use a web service to do its transformation work (if we had a web service)
>> any preferences ?
>
> 5 in preference. Though I'd prefer a combination of 2 and 4&5
> (though not specific about it being java).

unless you find me another XSLT 2.0 engine, it has to be Java ...

> The problem with that
> is there is no funding (I believe?) to finance development on
> these things
or, more importantly, no expertise on offer

> so the best we could hope for would be something
> like 5 on a best-effort basis.

it remains a formidable task. viz a) write a web service to do it (based on Enrich Garage)
and b) hack the PHP to use that.

possible that we could decouple it. ie cut Roma back so that all it can do is
deliver an ODD file, and separately upload it to a web service. I am more
attracted by that as a half-way house.

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente