[tei-council] xml:id definition

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 11:36:01 EDT 2010

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>  1  withdraw Roma from service
>  2  leave Roma frozen and old-style
>  3  reimplement all changes back in XSLT 1.0 as well (not a small task)
>  4  write a new Roma in Java
>  5  hack the old Roma to use a web service to do its transformation work (if we had a web service)
> any preferences ?

5 in preference. Though I'd prefer a combination of 2 and 4&5
(though not specific about it being java).  I.e. freeze current
Roma, and develop a new Roma which uses a web server for the
transformation work (and the ODD2Schema work) using whatever
technologies seem best for that. (Ok, Java probably is a good
bet, but I wouldn't make it a requirement.) The problem with that
is there is no funding (I believe?) to finance development on
these things so the best we could hope for would be something
like 5 on a best-effort basis.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service
OUCS, University of Oxford