[tei-council] virtual hosts for HTML versions of Guidelines

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Mar 8 12:03:25 EST 2010

Is that not part of the work that David and James have been doing
regarding stable URLs?

-dan

Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Would anyone oppose me asking the folks at Virginia to investigate
> setting up the following virtual hosts:
>
> en.guidelines.tei-c.org
> de.guidelines.tei-c.org
> es.guidelines.tei-c.org
> it.guidelines.tei-c.org
> fr.guidelines.tei-c.org
> ja.guidelines.tei-c.org
> kr.guidelines.tei-c.org
> zh-tw.guidelines.tei-c.org
>
> which would serve the content currently at:
>
> http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/
> http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/de/html/
> etc.
>
> I suggest this because right now the only way to search the full text of
> the Guidelines -- and only the full text of the Guidelines -- is to
> search within the PDF version.  If we had a virtual host for each
> languages's HTML version, we could all use our favorite search engines
> to search the full text in our language of choice.
>
> Kevin

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English
University of Lethbridge

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidential)